UNIDENTIFIED GULLS - ICGU-like (kumlieni/glaucoides):
NOTE: Although I discuss each gull's possible identity using language ranging from tentative to somewhat confident, I regard all identities to be SPECULATIVE unless there is wide (but not necessarily universal - these are gulls, after all!) external support from the gulling community.
- June 26, 2015 - An adult possible Kumlien's Iceland Gull from the Houston area. - added 06/26/15.
- January 19 , 2010 - A large male second cycle Kumlien's Iceland Gull or hybrid mimic thereof from Houston.
- added October 07, 2014 .
- January 24, 2009 - A series of immature birds (mostly 1C) Kumlien's Iceland Gulls from Goucester, Mass. - added August 20, 2014 .
- January 19 , 2013 - A very pale-winged second cycle Thayers'/Kumlien's Iceland Gull from Brownsville;
- March 07, 2008 - a first-basic Iceland Gull from Houston area, Texas in March: .
- Jan 04, 2007 -A first cycle Iceland or intergrade-type from Houston; updated Jan 08;
- Dec 21 , 2006 - A pale first-cycle Iceland Gull from Houston;
- April 29 , 2006 - A sub-adult gull from Houston that might have been a kumlieni...;
- April 29 , 2006 - A second-cycle gull from Houston that also might have been a kumlieni...;
April 29 , 2006 - A second-cycle gull from Houston that suggests a small-billed female Glaucous-winged Gull (or close-to);
- April 02 , 2006 - A third-cycle white-winged gull from near Galveston - but I can't put a name to it...;
- Feb 23, 2005
- an adult-basic Thayer's Gull
that may be close to having some kumlieni in it at
- Jan 07, 2005
- a pale petite juvenile Thayer's-type
from Corpus Christi - might it have some kumlieni in it?;
- Mar 23, 2004 - added pics of
a mysterious first-winter "white-winged" large gull from Corpus Christi on March 20;
- Feb 01, 2004 - added an adult-winter Kumlieni?/Thayeri?/what??
from the Netherlands;
- Jan 28, 2004 - added a first-winter
thayeri/kumlieni type from Galveston;
- I've added some great shots of Japanese gulls (SBGU, GWGU,
GLGU, BTGU, and vegae HEGU) courtesy of Ted Lee Eubanks (check
the relevant sections below); I'll soon be adding a bunch of
his large gull photos from Texas, but in the meantime here's
an intriguing "white-winged" gull from Texas way back in 1990 - feedback would be most
- an Iceland Gull-like oddity from
Tony Leukering - plus another!