- she is making a good living by hunting "my" seagulls
at the Elliot Landfill, Corpus Christi, during the winter of 2004/2005:
however, she is a very impressive beast...perhaps the largest
Peregrine I've seen. I watched her glide into the swirling, panicking
gull flock and effortlessly pick out this hapless Laughing Gull
- but an interloper arrived on the scene, thinking it was about
to get a free meal....
- she was not going to put up with that! The coyote took two VERY
close passes over its head...
- before deciding that discretion was the better part of valor,
and exiting stage right...
back to breakfast:
more scroungers arrived, thinking they could intimidate her off
- but she was not to be intimidated by a mere vulture (look how
BIG she is compared to this Turkey Vulture!):
okay, back to breakfast, once more....
finally, with a full crop, she left the pickings to the vultures
- but could not resist showing them who was boss: